PMJAY- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
The new scheme has been announced by Mr. Narendra Modi, which is named as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. The scheme was announced on August 15, which began on September 25 to commemorate the birthday of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, up to 5 lakh free health insurance will be provided to all rural and urban people. It will be cashless and paperless. Therefore, some important information about this scheme is given below-
|Name of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)|
|launching Date||15 August|
|Beginning of Scheme||25 September (On Birthday of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay)|
|Announcing by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiary||Rural & Citizens|
|Monitoring of Scheme||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
|Object of Scheme||Provide Health Insurance|
Key Features of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
The following features of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana are given here, which are as follows.
Security Insurance:– This is a health protection scheme in which if sick person is admitted to hospital, up to 5 lakh health insurance will be given financial facility, in which they can get their treatment free in any secondary hospital.
Portal:- For issuing this scheme, a portal will be issued in the whole country, which will be decided according to the flexibility of the states. Under this scheme, sick people will be treated cashless and paperless in hospitals.
No. of Beneficiaries:– Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana About 85% rural and 60% urban people have been identified, who are taking advantage of this scheme. In this scheme, a target has been set to extend this assistance to 50 crore people.
Empaneled Hospitals:– This facility will be provided in all government hospitals under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, but some government hospitals in which treatment of some diseases is not possible have been applied in some private hospitals as well, this will make it easier for people to get treatment in the nearest hospitals. It has listed about 12000 hospitals.
Annual Assistance:-Under this scheme, physical insurance is being given for treatment, for that they can use this insurance amount from April 1 to March 31. After this, this amount will be credited again so that they will be able to take advantage again.
Other Facilities:– Under this scheme, the beneficiaries can go to any nearby Health and Wellness Center and get their treatment done free of cost. For this, Ayushman Parwar cards will also be given to the beneficiaries and they will also be trained for this.
Three turns to implement the plan
- Insurance Mode
- Trust mode
- Mixed mode
These modes apply in different states at their convenience.
Registration Way of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
- For this, no application will be made in any registration form, instead the letter will be given by the government to those who come inside the data list. This letter will be the proof of their registration.
- All the information will be verified while availing this scheme.
- These letters will be received by beneficiaries Asha Worker
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) Process
- Family members availing this scheme will be admitted to the hospital first.
- After this, all his information will be verified on the basis of software and Aadhar card. By which it will be known whether the beneficiary is eligible or not.
- After this, the patient’s treatment package will be decided and the remaining amount will be examined, after which the supportive evidence will have to be submitted to beneficiaries.
- After this procedure, treatment will be given and after treatment it will be discharged from the hospital.
- Proof of treatment is necessary to the beneficiary at the time of discharge. After which the bank will make electronic payment by the government. And finally the beneficiary will have to provide facility feedback.
The benefit of this facility can be easily availed by every beneficiary and if they face any difficulty of any kind then a toll free helpline number has been issued by the government for that. This number can be easily contacted. This will enable the beneficiaries to take better advantage of the scheme. The helpline number is 14555.