Skip to content
Full Form of ROM
- The Full Form of ROM is Read Only Memory.
- It is a non-volatile memory.
- It is used in computer and other electronic devices like washing machine, television and the other electronic devices.
- In ROM the information is stored permanently when these are manufacturing.
- It is used for storing the software which is rarely changed.
- It is a memory in which we can only read but cannot be written.
- It stores all these instructions which are needed to start a COMPUTER.
- This operation of this memory is referred to as bootstrap.
- There are many types of ROM:-
- It is very cheap and of low rate.
- They are more reliable than the RAMs.
- They are static and not need to refresh.