Youth is the future of every nation. the youth decides the future of a nation. and education for the youth is very important for every country.
National youth day is celebrated on 12th of January every year. 12th of January is the birth anniversary of SWAMI VIVEKANANDA. In 1984 the Government of India decided to celebrate Vivekananda’s Birth Anniversary as Youth Day because his ideas for the better future of the nation were dedicated to the youth of the nation. he believed that Indian youth can build the future of our country.
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA AND HIS CONTRIBUTIONS TOWARDS EDUCATION:
On 12th of January 1863, Swami Vivekananda was born in a Bengali family. he was named Narendranath Dutta. He was born at his ancestral home 3 Gurmohan Mukharji Street in Calcutta. he was one of nine siblings. He was born on the Occasion of Makar Sankranti. His Father’s Name was Vishwanath Dutta and Mother’s name was Bhuvneshwari Dutta. he completed his schooling from Calcutta Metropolitan School. he completed his degree from Presidency Collage ,Calcutta. his guru was Shri Ramakishana Paramhans. He has a interest in music, whether it is vocal or instrumental. he also loved reading books.
Swami Vivekananda has so many contributions for the education department. he was not only a social reformer but also an educator. His opinions and thoughts for the educational department are of supreme importance. Swami Vivekananda believed that education should cover all the aspects of life like, material,moral,intellectual, physical and emotional. according to swami vivekananda education should aim at reforming human mind, but it should not be for filling facts in the mind. Swami Vivekananda wanted to implement maximum emphasis on meditation and concentration in the teaching learning process.
During the late 19th Century he bring hinduism to the international stage. He introduced Indian Philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga to the western world. He was also named The Indian Thinker. he played a major role in growing Indian Nationalism and motivated others to do so.
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA’S SAYING FOR THE YOUTH:
- Swami Vivekananda believed that the Youth life is the most precious time. This is the time to think about your future.
- Talk to yourself once a day,otherwise you may missing meeting an excellent personality in the world.
- You will be nearer to heaven through football than through the study of the GITA.
- The supreme value of youth period is incalculable and indescribable.
- Sign of life is strength and growing. Sign of death is weakness. whatever is weak,avoid!
- My hope for the future lies in the youth of character, intelligent, renouncing all for the services of others,and obedient- good to themselves and the country at large.
- What we want is vigour in the blood, strength in the nerves, iron muscles and nerves of steel.
STATEMENTS FOR SWAMI VIVEKANANDA:
- If you want to know India, study Vivedananda. In him everything is positive nothing is negative. [RABINDRANATH TAGORE]
- The writing of Swami Vivekananda taught me to love India even more. [MAHATAMA GANDHI]
- Swami Vivekananda harmonized the west and the east, Religion and Science, Past and Present. and that is why he is great. Our countryman have gained unprecedented self-respect, Self-reliance and Self-assertion from his teachings. [SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE]
- I think that our younger generation will take advantage of this fountain of wisdom, of spirit and fire that flows through Swami Vivekananda. [JAWAHARLAL NEHRU]
LESSONS FROM SWAMI VIVEKANANDA:
- You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, no one can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
- In a conflict of your heart and brain, follow your heart.
- In a day when you do not come across any problem- you can be sure that you are travelling in a wrong path.
- The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. have faith in yourself.
- Anything that makes weak- physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject it as poison.
- Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
- Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes.
- The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of fire.
POWER OF YOUTH:
Youth power is essential for the development of a nation. Youth Power is a campaign to achieve global goals to end poverty, inequality and climatic change. The campaign supports young people and their collective power to turn their promises into reality.
The young people helps in building the future of the nation because they have capacity to think innovative and new ideas. they have the knowledge, skill and confidence for doing different works. the have the ability of decision making.
there fore the youth power is of great importance for the nation. that is why the youth day is celebrated.
THEME OF YOUTH DAY:
|2015||Youngmanch and Youth for Clean,Green and Progressive India|
|2016||Indian Youth for Development,Skill and Harmony|
|2017||Youth For Digital India|
|2018||Sankalp Se Siddhi|
|2020||Channelizing Youth Power For Nation Develpoment|
so this youth day make people aware about the youth and their importance.
Happy New Year.